Join the Team
A rural, family-run pub since 1870.
Join the Family
Head chef required for a busy gastro pub in Donegal. Permanent/Full-time work available.
The ideal candidate would be passionate, able to design menus to excite the guests, work as part of a great team and work closely with the owners.
- 2-3 years head chef experience is essential
- Working references
- Overall responsibility for the kitchen’s daily operations
- Liaising with the relevant companies for food orders
- Creating new dishes and menus
- Maintaining/raising the food’s profit margins
- Monitoring and controlling stock levels
- Ensuring correct stock rotation procedures are followed
- Implementation of health and safety procedures in the kitchen
- Estimating costs and ensuring all purchases come within budget
- Taking care of the kitchen’s accounts and creating a work roster
- We are currently closed due to some refurbishments and working on a new menu but would hope to be open in June.
- Wages are negotiable depending on experience
- Ability to be creative in the kitchen (we are open minded!)
- On-shift meal + teas/coffees
- Easy-going and friendly working environment
- Fantastic co-workers
- Friendly locals
We are a busy, family-run, traditional pub in Barnesmore Gap with over 150 years in hospitality. We have an iconic pub and location and are looking for a chef who can produce creative, locally-sourced and tasty food that maintains (or grows) our positive reputation.
- Remote interview process
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
How to Apply
OR EMAIL RESUME TO HELLO@BIDDYSOBARNES.COM